this is excerpted from a soon to be published “Clergy vocational health.” WHY ARE YOU IN THE MINISTRY It’s time to ask yourself the question. Why do you do it?—long hours, low pay, a target for other people’s frustrations and anxieties, and sometimes the butt of their jokes. So why do you do it? This is not trying to explain to someone else but answering the question for yourself. WHY It is an important question to explore. Viktor Frankl suggests that knowing why is a critical question for a healthy life. The study of centenarians by Dan Buettner that we have been exploring, suggests that a key factor in those who live to be 100 is that they all had … Continue reading
- MINISTRY WITH A PURPOSE IS HEALTHIER
- 5 Ways a Pastor Can Appear Pious But Destroy Self
- A CHRISTIAN FAMILY DISCUSSION OF FINANCES
- YOUR STORIES CAN AFFECT YOUR FUTURE
- CHURCHES CHOOSE BETWEEN FEAR AND HOPE.
- DON’T DISMISS A CHRISTIAN RESPONSE TO VIOLENCE
- LENT IS COMING–HAVE A PERSONAL DISCIPLINE
- A DIFFERENT NEIGHBOR TO LOVE
- IS CHRIST PRESENT IN THE CHURCH?